Who Is Responsible
Commitment to Personal Information Protection
I respect your right to privacy. Protecting the security and privacy of your personal information is important to me. It will only be processed by me to the extent necessary and for the purpose of providing a functional and user-friendly website, including its contents, and the services offered there.
Per Art. 4 No. 1 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679, i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”), “processing” refers to any operation or set of operations such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination, or otherwise making available, alignment, or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction performed on personal data, whether by automated means or not. The policy outlined below will help you understand what personal information the site may collect, how I use and safeguard that personal information and with whom I may share it.
You can exercise the following rights by sending me an email.
- access information on all data stored about you (cf. also Art. 15 GDPR)
- the right to correct any personal data stored about you (cf. also Art. 16 GDPR)
- the right to be ‘forgotten’ by me as well as the right to withdraw your consent to receive newsletters (cf. also Art. 17 DSGVO)
- the right to port your data to another service (cf. also Art. 20 GDPR)
- the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority if they believe that data concerning them is being processed by the controller in breach of data protection provisions (see also Art. 77 GDPR). Please tell me first, so I have a chance to address your concerns. If I fail in this, you can address any complaint to your national data protection authorities.
Voluntary Personal Information I May Collect
If you contact me via email, the data you provide will be used for the purpose of processing your request. I must have this data in order to process and answer your inquiry; otherwise I will not be able to answer it in full or at all. The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR. On request, your data will be deleted once I have fully answered your inquiry and there is no further legal obligation to store your data.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
When you do provide me with personal information, I usually use it to provide you access to specific information or offers via my mailing list. I do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
Non-Voluntary Personal Information I May Collect
This website does not set any cookies.
When you browse my site, you can generally do so anonymously as I don’t collect personal information; however, the server provider automatically collects and stores information that your browser transmits in “server log files”, especially to ensure a secure and stable website. These log files record type and version of your browser, operating system used, referrer URL, visited pages on my sites, the date and time of your visit, host name of the accessing computer, as well as the IP address from which you visited our site. This data will be temporarily stored, but will not be combined with data from other sources. The basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
Limitation on the Purpose
I collect, use or disclose personal information supplied by you only for the purpose(s) initially identified by you, however, in some cases I may use the personal information supplied by you:
- (i) for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal information was collected,
- (ii) when it is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities,
- (iii) when it is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, or
- (iv) when it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities.
How I Protect Your Personal Information
I use my best efforts to try to protect the personal information that you share with me. I store information in a controlled, secure environment.
Links to Other Sites
My site may contain links to other sites. I assume no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices of such websites. I encourage you to read the privacy statements of the linked sites as their privacy practices may differ from mine.
Notification of Changes
Last updated: August 28th, 2023